After four years of a break for doing some management stuff and other non-development tasks I have decided to get back into coding (or at least to start thinking about getting back to it). First thing was to prepare development environment in general and refresh git flow knowledge in particular.
This article is a mixture of both my old article about Git+Gerrit workflows and Git workflow for Yii 2 contributors article. I assumed minimalist approach to make it possible to use this new workflow for virtually any Git-based project. Thus, I have purged most of, if not all of the things that are specific to Gerrit and Yii2.
Make sure that:
- you have your very own GitHub account,
- you have Git for Windows and Git Bash installed and configured,
- password-less connection to GitHub is correctly configured,
- you have mastered basic git diagram,
- you have got familiar with GitHub basics,
- you have refreshed your general git knowledge by at least browsing The Git Book,
before continuing with this article.