I don’t generally do testing and my knowledge in this area is minimal, so here’s a short memo on this topic.
Different test stages (phases) are:
- Unit Tests
- Integration Tests
- System Acceptance Tests and
- User Acceptance Tests.
Structural-type testing (White-Box) includes:
- Source code review
- Code walk-through
- Path or branch review
- Condition or decision testing
Functional-type testing (Black-Box):
- Positive and negative testing
- Boundary value or invalid input testing
- Stress or performance testing
Other types of testing:
- Regression testing
- Procedure verification
- Capacity testing
- Usability testing
- Portability testing
- Security testing or
- Vulnerability testing
Type of system to be tested: from firmware through regular software and webservice to a custom build.