You cannot change which items will be installed along with Office 365 when you are running a regular installation file. But you can use Office Deployment Tool along with customized configuration file to install only these components that you really need.
This article is a copy of this guide updated for Office 356 Home Premium.
Here are the steps to be undertaken:
- Open Uninstall Office from a PC webpage
- Make sure that you pick Option 2 – Completely uninstall Office with the uninstall support tool
- Download and run program that is available there
- Go step-by-step through its pages
Make sure that you do reboot your computer after that to remove remaining Office “mess”.
Create configuration file
Open any text editor and create configuration.xml file with following content:
<Configuration> <Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="Current"> <Product ID="O365HomePremRetail"> <Language ID="en-us" /> <ExcludeApp ID="Access" /> <ExcludeApp ID="Groove" /> <ExcludeApp ID="Lync" /> <ExcludeApp ID="OneNote" /> <ExcludeApp ID="Outlook" /> <ExcludeApp ID="Publisher" /> </Product> </Add> </Configuration>
The above configuration will install:
- English language
- 64-bit version of Office
- Office 365 Home Premium EN
- With Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive and Teams
If you wish to change it then:
- Visit this page and this one to change language
32if you wish to install 32-bit version
- Visit this forum thread to learn codes for other Office editions
- Visit this Microsoft Docs page to learn IDs of all Office components
Install Office Deployment Tool
- Download and install Office Deployment Tool
- You can install it to any folder even temporary one
- You can delete example configuration files (.xml); only setup.exe matters
Download and install Office
- Hit Ctrl + R, type
cmdand hit Enter to run command-line
- Navigate (
cd) to folder where you have saved configuration.xml file
- Execute these two commands below
setup.exe /download configuration.xml setup.exe /configure configuration.xml
Hold your horses as this should be enough.