Using own images as desktop wallpapers in Windows 7 isn’t that easy and obvious task, because most of the time clicking
Browse... button in
Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personalization > Desktop Background simply brings no effect.
And there are many solutions to workaround this problem. Of which the brute-force one I prefer the most.
Here is the recipe:
- Go to
c:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper, where all desktop wallpapers in Windows 7 are stored.
- Create new folder, let’s name it
- Copy your photos to that folder.
Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personalization.
Desktop Backgroundin the bottom.
- Click on
Clear alland then on
- Customize setting, i.e. you may want to change picture position, time threshold or maybe shuffle your images.
Save changesto confirm changes.
Unsaved Themein the beginning of theme list and pick
Save theme. Give it an unique name.
You’re done! You may now enjoy new, your own desktop wallpapers in Windows 7.
Some additional notes:
- your custom theme is saved in
c:\Users\trejder\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes, if that matter,
- you should find new, cool desktop themes, image packs etc. at Microsoft (installation process is quite different!).
That’s all folks! :>