If you’re struggling with the question “How can I get rid of
Foxit Reader PDF tab from Word / PowerPoint and other Office programs“, this article may help you.
Recipe is easy to run, but not so easy to find, if you don’t know, where to look for.
You can remove
Foxit Reader PDF tab from any Office program, by running these steps:
- Run PowerPoint
- Select File > PowerPoint options > Add-Ins
- In opened tab (manager list) select COM ADD-ins from bottom drop-down list and click Go.
- In opened popup select any existing copy of Ppt Reader Addin and click Remove.
- Click OK few times to close all opened configuration windows.
Keep in mind that this is a recurring problem. Above recipe will work only until next update of Foxit Reader itself. After that the corresponding menu item will re-appear again.
This is due to checking
Foxit Reader Creator >
PPT Plugin during installation of Foxit Reader. And the only way to get rid of that tab permanently, is to:
- Uninstall Foxit Reader completely
- Install it again, not checking
PPT Pluginoption (or related).
Part of this Super User answer.