Xexun TK102 GPS tracker master password reset
Many sellers will tell you, that:
- if you forget your master password (if you change it ever from default
123456, as you should do)
- you’re deep in an ass
- the only option for you, is to send tracker to them or to the producer, to reinstall original firmware
- and that (of course!) you will have to pay for this.
This is lie in most cases and probably it is aimed to fool people paying extra money for reseting tracker.
In most scenarios you can easily reset it yourself. Here is how.
In most cases, you can send your tracker simple command
FORMAT123456 to reset it to factory defaults:
- You should receive confirmation
- Then you should be able to use
BEGIN123456command and start over all setup from the very begin.
Note: You can use just the
FORMAT command (and receive reply
FORMAT ok!) as this particular command doesn’t require any password in case of many GPS trackers.
If you have a clone of original Xexun TK102 tracker, you may be forced to use other resetting command, i.e.:
In case of my tracker, none of them worked. Only first one (
FORMAT123456) was successful.
If you send any resetting command and receive successful confirmation, but after sending
BEGIN123456 right after, you’re still getting
BEGIN123456 fail! reply, then you need to do hardware reset of this device.
This is done, by following these steps:
- Turn-off device:
On/Offbutton and hold it
- Wait until diode starts flashing very quickly and then goes off
- Remove battery, wait at least 30 seconds
- Go outside any building, stay in clear area (important!)
- Install battery again
- If your model starts-up automatically, force it to turn it off again
- Turn device on:
On/Offbutton and hold it
- Wait until diode starts flashing very quickly
- Stop holding the button, when diode starts flashing slowly (around once per 4 seconds)
- Wait at least one minute for GPS fix
Only then, after completing all these steps, initiate localizer with
If, after that you’re still receiving
BEGIN123456 fail!, then your localizer is malfunctioning. You really need to perform firmaware update in that case.
14 comments on “Xexun TK102 GPS tracker master password reset”
Excellent information Many thanks.
Dzięki, na moim działa też :)
reset123456 for me worked
reset123456 worked for me too
excelente reset123456 funciono gracias mil gracias
None of them worked on my tracker, any other option?
Sorry — can’t help. Four and a half years old post. I’ve stopped using Xexun trackers (in favor of using old mobile phones instead) about four years ago. Sorry.
No problema, it was just a comment, as a matter of fact, never replied anything after commands as format, restart, etc. Thank you for answering
Worked like a charm. Thanks !
super pour moi aussi reset123456
‘reset123456’ was worked.Thank you very much!
its work for me too(reset123456)
reset123456 worked for me too. thank you
WORKED FOR ME