I am using free and powerful MusicBrainz Picard program to clean-up my entire MP3 files collection.
Aside of actual job (pooling MusicBrainz database and fixing, sorting, correcting and cleaning-up tags in your music files), it can also rename actual files on your disk in the same time.
The thing is that it uses a very complex filename pattern by default, while I am using something as simple as:
%artist% - %title% $num(%tracknumber%,2). %title%
First for standard files and second for parts of albums. Thus, I have written them down here to keep in mind.
To enable automatic filenames renaming mechanism in MusicBrainz Picard:
- Check Options > Rename files.
- Go to Options > Options… > File Naming.
- Check Rename files when saving.
- Add any filename rename pattern to Name files like this field.
- Hit Make It So! to confirm.
That’s pretty much everything, folks… Happy tag’s correcting in your MP3 files!